Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another round of consultations...

After another trip to the ER my mom has been getting weaker and has lost much of her cognitive skills. She is unable to speak. It looks like mom may have lesions on her brain. Because of her pacemaker they can't do an MRI, but it looks like my mom's cancer may have matastasized to her brain. They are not sure whether it is the pancreatic cancer or liver cancer. They also can't rule out that it's an entirely different cancer.

The tests aren't conclusive because the CT scans are not as clear as an MRI. She goes to another oncologist for consultation on Thursday.

There is a caretaker coming on Wed to help as it is too much for my father. I've been staying over here but honestly, I don't know what I'm doing. Please pray for wisdom for my family and for the doctors as we seek the best course for my mother.

Though all of this time has been difficult, God has given us much to rejoice about. My mom's good friends came by this week and one is here visiting from Japan. It was so good to see my mom laughing and listening as they sang hymns to her and then they all gathered around her bed and prayed. Thank God for amazing friends and brothers and sisters in Christ.

Thank you for your prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment